Thursday, July 19

What does this look like?

I met up with some of my knitting friends last night at a local coffee shop. I took along the samples of my tessellating hexagon pattern. Anita took one look at it and said, "That's a fish!"

She's right. Take a look at this picture. That's 1-1/2 hexagons. If you knit them both the same color it would be a fish.

So here's another option for knitting the tessellating hexagons. Knit some or all of them as fish. This pattern has several advantages over the other tessellating fish patterns on the web.

1) They lay flat and won't puff up,
2) You can knit them in continuous strips (nose to nose and tail to tail), and
3) If you join the rows together as you go, you'll have no finishing to do at the end.

Sounds like a winner to me!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Vicki, can you do me a favor? send me your snail mail address!

I owe you.. I get more hits on my blog from your blog than from any other source!

i have a gmail link in my profile, you can send me an email there.

let me send you a small thank you!
(what else but some yarn suitable for a shawl!)
and of course, i'll blog about it, and send more people your way (and then you'll send a gizzilion more my way!)