Friday, May 1

Basketcase bib & washcloth

Here's one of the baby bibs I came up when I was making baby shower gifts for my niece. This free pattern is available as a pdf download through Ravelry (click HERE to for the pattern). The pattern also includes instructions to make a matching baby sized washcloth.

It's a simple basketweave pattern with an offset strap. You should be able to get 2 bibs out of a ball of cotton yarn such as Peaches & Cream or Sugar & Creme.

I'm calling it the Basketcase Bib. LOL!

I'm looking for something to laugh about. Stress from a number of different things pushed me to the limits this week. I ended up in the ER early Tuesday morning. I was stressed enough until one comment made by my doctor on Monday afternoon finally did me in. Nothing like being told you may have a blockage in an artery and to please go to the ER if you feel any pressure in your chest!!! After bloodwork and a chest x-ray that afternoon, I waited all evening for a promised call back from the doctor. No phone call. Can you feel my stress level rising? Shortly before midnight I called our insurance 24-hour nurse line to see what, if anything, I should do. Her verdict--go the the ER immediately. I did. My blood pressure was high. Are you surprised? I'm not! After more bloodwork, another chest x-ray, and a stress test, I was pronounced healthy and released. I had a panic attack.

I haven't had to cope with this level of stress since I was 27 and working as a legal secretary. After 13 months of working for attorneys, I was ready for the looney bin. I quit my job and learned to deal with my stress. The de-stress lessons I learned at that time had served me well for many years. Must be time for a refresher course. :)

I'm taking it easy, being more protective of my free time, spending time with the people I love, and doing the things that make me happy. There are things that need to be done but they aren't going anywhere. They'll wait until I'm feeling more able to tackle them.

9 comments:

Barbara Bradford said...

I just love your new basketcase bib pattern. I am so sorry to hear about clogged arteries, whatever you do watch your blood pressure, I had pain induced high Blood pressure, that they said should go back down in time, when bang I suffered a brain stem stroke. Buy a BP machine for at home...... Please take care of yourself

Bishop Stone said...

That is such a cool idea. hope all your life is filled with calm.

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you're doing better. It was really good to see you on Wednesday. And like you said, the things that need doing will still be there later. Take a break and focus on YOU for a change!
See you soon!

Vicki said...

The doctors said my heart is strong and I have no blockage.

Ben and Phyllis said...

Glad you are ok! Hope your doctor treats you better in the future (or you get a new doc).

Thank you for the neat bib pattern.

sissie said...

I am happy to hear all is well with you and no heart problems.

I also suffer from the HB and panic attacks they are NO fun. sure makes you think you are having a heart attack sometimes!
you take time and take care of you. all the other stuff will wait on you to feel better

hugs
sissie

Islagringo said...

Glad to hear that it was nothing serious! I know what you are talking about. I worked for attorneys for over 25 years! The worst one (I quit after 10 months!) even got disbarred the next year. Stay healthy!

Robin said...

Very cute bib! I like that it buttons in the front. Thanks for sharing. So glad to hear it wasn't something more serious. Although panic attacks are NO fun. With a move up in the air and other things -- stress is now a constant companion and I have to learn how to deal with it before things get worse. Take care!!

Rositta said...

Stress is an absolute killer. I had stress two years ago that raised my blood pressure. Unfortunately for me it was usually high on a doctors visit and he insisted on pills. Since I too knew how to de stress I put that knowledge to good use and my blood pressure is now 107/74 without pills. I learned the hard way that I come first. Take care of you, love the bib...ciao