Thursday, December 24

Cage Cozy pattern

Cage cozy mats are thick, snuggly, rectangular mats I have knit and donated to my local animal shelter. These mats provide comfort and keep kitty (and puppy) feet off of cold metal cage floors.


Start at one corner and knit every row working a few increases and decreases to form a rectangle. These work up quickly on big needles using 1 strand of bulky weight yarn or 2 strands of worsted held together. It’s a good project for scrap or leftover yarn. Remember to use yarn that will stand up to machine washing and drying.

The free pattern is available through my Ravelry pattern store.

2 comments:

PammiFab said...

Were is the pattern for this? It's not on Ravelry and not here on your site! Would love to make up a few for a rescue shelter! Thank you!

Vicki said...

I've removed all the free patterns from my blog and am in the process of uploading all of them to Ravelry. I'll work on getting this one done and posted. Read the I Am Sad posting for more information.