Saturday, December 1

Fingerless computer mitts

I recently stumbled upon the project I made with my first spindle spun yarn. It's a pair of fingerless mitts I wear when I use the computer during cold weather. (Today is one of those days. Brr!) If you take a close look at the picture, you'll see that one of the mitts biased when I knit it. (This is something that an unbalanced single ply of handspun would do.) Yup, I made a mistake plying the yarn. I couldn't remember which direction to spin when I plied it. LOL! I don't remember what kind of wool I used either. Regardless, the yarn knitted up fine, the mitts are warm and that's really all that matters.

Here's the pattern I designed for them. They are simple, fast, and easy to knit. The second picture is of one of the pairs I've made and gifted to friends and family. I made it with Paton's Look at Me yarn. The scrap yarn was from a baby sweater I had made. (I know, I know, just call me frugal and the scrap yarn queen. LOL!)

These mitts will just cover your knuckles and leave your fingers and your thumb free. You can try them on as you go to see if they will fit the way you want them to. Feel free to make them longer or larger or add your favorite stitch pattern to make them yours.

FINGERLESS COMPUTER MITTS

Free pattern is now available through my Ravelry pattern store.

3 comments:

marliescohen said...

Thank you for your pattern. This is what I have been looking for. My hubby suffers from arthritis and always gets cold fingers. Now thanks to your pattern he stays warm.

Marlies
www.mcuniverse.com

Unknown said...

What a great project! I teach in a school where we turn the heat WAY down to conserve energy. It's tough to type tests etc. when my fingers are freezing! I look forward to knitting a pair this summer. I love knitting small projects that aren't bulky during the summer months. THANK YOU!

Anna said...

thank you so much! I have been looking for a fingerless glove pattern for SO long. Do you think it would work if the arm was a little longer???