Monday, November 5

Kids Crown - free pattern

While playing with some scrap bulky yarn last night, I came up with this quick-to-knit item. Instead of a cardboard crown that some fast food restaurants hand out, knit this one for your kids. (I tried to get one of my cats to model but they didn't care for the idea. I had to settle for a cone of yarn. LOL!)

This crown should stretch to 18" and fit most kids heads. Check that it will stretch enough before you bind off. You can easily make it bigger by knitting one extra point repeat. Try attaching a few beads at the points for a little extra bling.

KIDS CROWN

Bulky yarn or doubled worsted weight
Size 10 (6 mm) or 10.5 (7 mm) needles

About 15-20 yards of yarn

Free pattern is available in my Ravelry pattern store.

4 comments:

pinkangel said...

I love this little crown. I work with small children and the crowns we have are way too big...I will have to knit some of these for our Valentine's king and queen next year.
Diane FL

DaneMum said...

This is such a pretty little crown -I'd like to make one for my daugther. I have to ask though - what's an "E-wrap".

:D

Sunni Sue said...

I had to Google "e-wrap cast on" - looks just like backward loop cast on to me :)

don'tgetmestarted said...

What a cute idea!! I love the way it turned out. We have a 3 yr. old princess for whom I might try this as a birthday present. Thanks!