Friday, December 4

A Simple Cowl to knit -- Cowlabunda

It's cold here today. The temp outside is a frosty 23 degrees as I write this. It's also spitting a few snowflakes. Sigh...winter has arrived. :(

Given the weather and thinking ahead to holiday gifts, I grabbed a ball of yarn out of my knitting basket last night and knitted up a simple cowl. (I hear these scarves are a hot fashion accessory on the runway this season. Knitters are ahead of the trend as we've been knitting these cowl/wimple/tube scarves for several years now. :) )

Tube scarves are great winter accessories. They hug your head and neck to keep you warm outside without having to wear both a hat and a scarf. When you go inside, simply pull the tube down around your neck and wear it as a turtleneck. It has the added advantage of keeping you warm if the room is chilly.

the free pattern is available through my Ravelry pattern store.

6 comments:

Sara said...

Great idea! Your FO looks wonderful.

Anonymous said...

This pattern makes me want to cast on right now. Thanks!

Liz said...

Great cowl!

Unknown said...

This is so cute! Your article is so encouraging it almost makes me want to close my computer and run to make it. Sadly, the dropped stitches have always been tricky for me :) My daughter, on the other hand, is a total whiz with the needles, so I shall definitely let her know about this as well. Thank you! :)

Elainef said...

This is exactly what I've been looking for - a simple, yet pretty and effective cowl...we can embellish it anyway we like.


Thanks for sharing - hope you have an early Spring!

Elaine

Lynne said...

I've never knitted a cowl but it seems so easy! I am itching to cast on right now (but I have a UFO to complete first *sigh*)

Thanks for sharing.