Monday, July 8

Bagabond, a bag to crochet

I've been on a crochet kick lately. Decided I wanted to make a new project bag. Here's what I came up with.

That bag is crocheted from the bottom up in one piece. No seams! The bottom is constructed in joined rounds and the sides in a continuous spiral with the handles worked in as you go.

The pictured bag was made with 400 yards of worsted weight cotton yarn--the kind you use for dishcloths-and a size H (5 mm) crochet hook.

My finished bag measures 29" around, 11" high, 12" across the bottom, and has 8" long handles. It is shown holding the 18 skeins of yarn pictured below. I cut a cardboard circle and put in the bottom of the bag to keep it from drooping.

It's very easy to make the bag smaller or larger.

I held a contest on the Holiday Mystery Group to name this pattern. Embroiderybee came up with the winning name of Bagabond. Love it!
The pattern has written instructions only (no chart). The 2 page pattern sells for $3.00. Click the Pattern Store Link in the right column to go to my Ravelry pattern store to purchase the pattern with a Paypal payment. Have fun!
  Pattern prices subject to change without notice. Check my Ravelry Store for current pattern prices.

No comments: