Sunday, March 4

Felted Netbook Bag to knit

Hubby needed a carry bag for our netbook computer so I designed and knit this one for him. The finished bag holds a Toshiba netbook NB205 (about 22.5" x 18") plus the power cord. If your netbook computer is a different size, you will need to adjust the bag size.

The bag is knit flat in one piece in garter stitch before being sewing together along the sides. Then the bag is felted. The strap is knit and sewn on after the bag has been felted. I used a 1" black metal snap as a closure on the front.

I used 3 skeins of Noro Kureyon with a pair of size 9 (5.5 mm) knitting needles. About 300 yards of heavy worsted weight yarn.

It's very easy to adjust the size of the bag. To make it wider, cast on more stitches. To make it narrower, cast on fewer stitches. For a deeper bag, knit more rows.

This would also make a cute shoulder purse.

The three page pattern is available as a free instant download through my Ravelry pattern store. Click on the link below. You can view my store page even if you are not a member of Ravelry. Have fun!

Simple Knits pattern store click here

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cuuuuuute! Are those measurements a perfect fit for your toshiba netbook? I want to make something similar but wanted to see if I should adjust the measurements. I have this - toshiba satellite and it's a 15.6".

Vicki said...

After felting, it is a pretty snug fit for our netbook. Finished size depends on what wool yarn you use and how much it shrinks/felts. There is a good chance this pattern would work for your computer.