Wednesday, June 13

Lacy Leaf Water Bottle Carrier

I came up with this cute little carrier last year. I put my bottled water in it, place it over my shoulder, and keep my hands free to shop. It's a good use of scrap yarn plus a small exercise in lace knitting in the round. I made mine with a ball of leftover Brooks Farm Yarn Four Play (wool/silk blend).

Lacy Leaf Water Bottle Carrier


Size 7 double points
Worsted weight yarn (about 60 yards - less than 1 oz)
9 oz plastic bottled water (about 8" around)


Pattern will be made available soon on Ravelry.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that pattern! Thank you so much! I'm going to make one for my mom...she is always carrying around a water bottle.

Anonymous said...

what a great pattern. perfect for warming up for the mystery stole...

Anonymous said...

I finished this for my mom in under 3 hours (which is great considering I am a rather slow knitter). She loved it! I will definitely be making more of these.

Catherine said...

This is really nice and will be a wonderful use for the leftover hemp I expect to have after finishing the cool hemp ponchette.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Clover04750 said...

I finished this pattern super quickly, with a size 6 DPN's and worsted cotton. I wish I had used a size 7 because it is a little snug my way and Im a loose knitter. You did a great job. Thank you for sharing. Supurb!


I did some small alterations, only on the part where your design pattern began and ended as well as adding an i-cord to the top. I posted my alterations here:

http://knittingcloverallovermd.blogspot.com/2009/06/my-water-bottle-carrier.html
Please don't hesitate to let me know if there's anything wrong with that. Just checking with you.

Clover04750 said...

I posted the pics of my bottle. I'm thinking about making one in Daisy ombre too.

This pattern is fabulous! It's so quick to do up too, like hours. I'm already sporting it and my guy doesn't even mind holding it for me when we're in public.