Thursday, May 14

Blossom Facecloth -- new pattern!

Introducing my Blossom Facecloth.

After knitting the Reverse Bloom Washcloth at Christmas time, I knew there had to be an easier way to knit a flower washcloth. Here's what I came up with. You cast on all the stitches you'll need onto a circular needle, work around knitting one petal at a time with short rows, and then decrease to the center. No cutting for each petal and only two ends to weave in when you're done. Easy!

It's also a fun knit. I gave the pattern to a friend on Monday afternoon. She's already knit 3 of them! She likes it! LOL!

All you need is a 2 oz ball of dishcloth cotton, a set of size 8 (5.0 mm) dpns and a 16" circular. Use any cotton worsted weight yarn or a blend.

You can knit one of these in a couple of hours. I got two cloths out of one ball of yarn (95 yards) and still had a few yards leftover. The one is the picture was knit out of Peaches & Creme in the pink lilacs colorway.

Pair one of these with a bar of soap for a thoughtful, easy, and inexpensive gift.


The pattern set includes the Blossom facecloth, the Blossom coaster, and the Blossom rug. Get this pattern set for $5.00 through my Ravelry pattern store.

Pattern prices subject to change without notice. Check my Ravelry Store for current pattern prices.

2 comments:

Cindy Dy said...


I must appreciate your post which is helping us in such a great manner.

Bry
www.gofastek.com

Silvia Jacinto said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.