Wednesday, February 2

Cedar Lake Shawl to crochet

Here's another crocheted shawl I came up with recently. It took about 2 weeks and lots of crocheting and ripping before I finally got the effect that I wanted.

Cedar Lake is a top down triangle shawl. It uses simple sc, hdc, dc, and ch stitches.

The design features two sizes of trees in the body of the shawl and ends with a row of large cedars along the bottom edge. A picot border adds the finishing touch to the shawl. The five page pattern includes both written instructions and crochet charts in the pattern. It's rated as advanced beginner.

I crocheted the shawl above using 3 balls of Knit Picks Palette (about 600 yards) and size G (4 mm) crochet hook. Any fingering/sock weight yarn would work. It would also look good in a laceweight yarn. Though with a thinner yarn you will have to work more row repeats before you add the border. You must block this shawl to open up the lace pattern.

The pattern sells for $5.00 through my Ravelry pattern store.

 Pattern prices subject to change without notice. Check my Ravelry Store for current pattern prices.

1 comment:

Bishop Stone said...

Oh that is so nice.