Thursday, May 1

Leafing Out Shawl to crochet

Just in time for spring, Leafing Out is a stunning top-down shawl featuring an all over leaf motif. It finishes with a flowering border. The name came from impatiently waiting for winter to be over and the trees to leaf out in their springtime glory.

This leaf motif is something I have been working on for almost a year. You won't find it in any stitch dictionary. I would work on it for awhile, get discouraged because I wasn't getting the look I wanted, and then put it aside for awhile. I was ready to work on it last fall about the time I had the very bad drug reaction to antibiotics that put me out of action for months. I stumbled across the chart in March, took a go at it again, and this is the result. I hope you like it as much as I do! :-)

This more than a half circle shawl offers more coverage than a triangle shawl and will stay in place on your shoulders. (Psst, make it a 2, 3, or 4 triangle shawl by changing the number of stitches you start with in Row 1.

You’ll need 700-750 yards of fingering/sock yarn, a size G hook, and 2 locking stitch markers for this project. Blocked size: 56” neckline x 22” deep.

It's easy to make larger or smaller. Can also be worked in any weight of yarn by changing the hook size to go with the yarn.

The 5 page pattern includes full written instructions and two crochet charts for $5.00. Download the pattern through my Ravelry pattern store (link below) with a Paypal payment.

http://www.ravelry.com/stores/simple-knits

  Pattern prices subject to change without notice. Check my Ravelry Store for current pattern prices.

No comments: