Saturday, June 26

Dancing Stars Stole

Dancing Stars is a filet crochet stole. Playful stars dance across the surface of the stole that ends with a ribbon border. Worked only in simple double crochet and chain stitches, this 115 row stole works up quickly with about 900 yards of fingering/sock yarn and a size G (4 mm) hook. The pictured stole was made with less than 4 balls of Knit Picks Palette in Calypso Heather. Yarn cost for this project is under $9!

The blocked size of this stole is 25” x 63”. It's an intermediate pattern that requires a basic knowledge of filet crochet and filet charts. There are no row-by-row instructions with this pattern. Filet crochet is easily worked from charts.

This 4 page pattern includes basic written instructions and a filet crochet chart. Print the pattern out on the front and back of two letter sized sheets of paper and fold it in half to make a booklet that's easy to tuck into your project bag.

The pattern sells for $3.00 through my Ravelry pattern store.

Pattern prices subject to change without notice. Check my Ravelry Store for current pattern prices.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Vicki, this is beautiful! Once again I wish I could crochet. My best friend is going to try to teach me next week. She'll be the 3rd person to try (4th if I count myself). I have tension issues. I can chain stitch all day but I can't get that hook back into my stitches without a struggle.

Page Photography said...

wow, that stole is just BEAUTIFUL! I can crochet a little...I'd love to hone my crochet skills and make this for my mum...