Monday, July 11

Pleasant Hill Shawl to crochet


Pleasant Hill is my latest crochet design. I named it after the Shaker Village at Pleasant Hill in Kentucky. Hubby and I visited there years ago and stayed overnight. I've always wanted to go back. It's a beautiful and peaceful place to visit if you are ever in the area.



This shawl can be worked as a half circle (see blue shawl below) or a 9 petal larger shawl (shown above courtesy of my tester Anita). It's worked from the top down. It is an asymmetric design that is fast to crochet and a little more challenging. The half circle shawl has 7 petals and 8 floral inserts at the edge. One of my testers told me that the flowers look like thistles. I have to agree!



The half circle shawl requires about 550 yards of fingering/sock weight yarn and a size G (4 mm) crochet hook. The 9 petal shawl uses about 650-700 yards of fingering/sock weight yarn. Finished the blocked size is about 58" along the neckline x 26" deep. The 9 petal is about the same size with a little more to wrap around your shoulders.

I like this design so much that I am making a circular version of this shawl with some lace weight yarn and size F crochet hook.

I would recommend using a solid color, a tone-on-tone yarn, or one with a long color run. This 7 page pattern includes written line-by-line instructions and two crochet charts. The price for this pattern is $6.00 in my Ravelry pattern store.

No comments: