Thursday, September 27

New lace book

Here's my newest acquisition care of Ebay--Burda Praxis Strickspitze---a lace knitting book. There are some really cool lace stitch patterns in the doilies in this book. It's all in German but it does have charts. Only problem is, I don't have English translations for the lace symbols.

Does anyone out there know where I can find English translations for Burda's lace charting symbols?

I finished the Pelts scarf pattern last night. I found one error in the pattern. It's a minor one. I worked around it. I've sent a message to the designer asking for clarification. It appears that a decrease instruction is missing after you knit the ear row. You may not be able to see the ears in the picture. They are like puffy lumps on the "head" of the scarf. This was such a fun knit. The only problem was keeping track of my stitches with this furry yarn. I had to "feel" for the individual stitches I knit as opposed to being able to see them. Cost: less than $2. I used Hobby Lobby's Yarn Bee Elf Eyelash yarn. It's not really an eyelash yarn, more of a fur type yarn. The skeins have 59 yards. I used one skein and some from the second one.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute! You're actually making me think about buying fun fur so I can make this! It's just darling.

Yosemite said...

If you have any of the Anna magazines in English they have the same chart key in there. If not, let me know and I can scan it and email it to you.

Anonymous said...

Hi Vicki!

I am German and if you need help, I´d be glad to translate the symbols for you, just let me know.

Best wishes
Bea

Lacefreak said...

I also have the translated key to the symbols if you need them so let me know if you want me to send them to you too!

Sarah said...

Also, there's a book out there that translates knitting terms into about 20 different languages. It might be called Knitting Languages. I know they have it at Sheep's Clothing in Valpo, or it might be easy enough to find online. Then you could order patterns from anywhere and not have to worry about the key.