Monday, September 10

Sunrise leaf shawl finished

Here's the shawl as it came off my needles. It looks like a tiny crumpled mess.

And below is the finished shawl. What a difference blocking makes!

I used my Cascading Leaves shawl pattern and one 440 yard skein of Knit Picks Bare (silk/wool) yarn. I solar dyed the yarn with Easter Egg colors for a fall leaves look. Even though this yarn is listed as a fingering weight, it looks a little thicker. My blocked shawl turned out 57" wide by 27.5" long at the tip.

My energy is beginning to come back. I had a busy weekend.

I blocked this shawl, reblocked a friend's scarf, and finished the 4 baby bibs. The ends are now tucked in and a button sewn on for the strap. My Knitting Zone sale booty arrived in Saturday afternoon's mail. I immediately cast on for a felted bag with a couple of skeins of Noro Kureyon. I felted it yesterday. :-) Felted bags knit up so quickly on large needles!

On Sunday, Hubby and I went to the Cat Show in South Bend. They had some new breeds on display, one of which is a cat with short legs. In my opinion, that's taking things a little too far. I did enjoy seeing all the different cats there for the judging. Pet Refuge and Pets Connect both had booths with kitties who were up for adoption. With four kitties at home, I don't need any more. Though it's always hard to walk away from kitties who need a home. I did purchase a few cat toys for my spoiled kitties.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Perfect for fall!

Anonymous said...

Beautiffull!

Anonymous said...

that shawl is absolutely beautiful.