Wednesday, April 9

Things they are a changing...

Sorry I haven't posted in awhile. Hubby was on vacation last week. I wasn't around much and didn't have much time to work on anything. This week I am scrambling to try and catch up a bit.

Yesterday, I heard on Ravelry that the MagKnits site has been permanently shut down. Read the letter from the editor here. This is weird because just recently a new issue was posted. Why would you do that and then shut it down without any warning? There goes all the free patterns from that site. I may have links to some MagKnits patterns on my shawl and 285 yards list. If so, those links won't work anymore. Ravelry is working with the pattern designers to try and get all the MagKnits patterns up for free on Ravelry.

I've signed up to sell my shawl and cat toy patterns through Ravelry. Once Casey gives me the ok, I'll get things set up. Then you won't have to wait for me to email a pattern pdf to you. It will all be automatic. After you make your Paypal payment on Ravelry, they will send you a code to download it right away. I'll have to pay a bit for the service, but I think it will be worth it. I'll still be available if you have any questions. (And yes, I will probably take the Paypal links down off my blog to buy the patterns. I won't do that until after I'm sure the other service is running correctly.)

There is a new experimental pattern search on Ravelry. With it you can search for patterns by yarn weight and yardage. This may shortly make my triangle shawl list and 285 yards or less pattern lists obsolete. Of course, we'll have to make sure that ALL of the patterns from those lists are in the Ravelry database so that you can continue to access them. Given that, I probably will stop updating those lists. Though I do have a few more links I could add to the 285 yards list.

And don't worry, I'm not giving up on blogging as so many others are. I'll still be letting you know what I'm working on, my new pattern designs, etc.

BTW, If you haven't already joined Ravelry, run over and put your name on the waiting list. It only takes a couple of days to get in. Casey and Jess are making this site a dream resource for all knitters and crocheters. And the best thing is it's free!

2 comments:

MUDNYC said...

I surely hope you don't stop blogging, Vicki! Your site is chock full of useful info!!!

Anonymous said...

Your lists have been such an awesome resource - please don't be in a rush to take them down!