Friday, June 13

Scarf naming contest results

I've christened my new scarf pattern the Mountain Sunrise Lace Scarf.

Thirty-seven names were submitted for the contest. After seriously considering each and every one, I concluded that none of them quite captured the essence of the design. (Sorry....) They did, however, help me find a name.

Even though I didn't choose any of the names submitted, I am awarding a free copy of my pattern to the two who came closest -- Toby for Mountain Peaks and Michelle for Mountain Vista. Toby and Michelle both have been successfully contacted and a free pattern delivered. It turns out that Toby is a 14-year-old boy who knits. He lives in the Netherlands. Great going, Toby!

I want to thank everyone who took the time to send me a name for this pattern.

The pattern is now for sale for $3.00 through Ravelry as an immediate download.

3 comments:

Turtle said...

a very appropriate name! congrats to the ladies who came close.

MUDNYC said...

Glad you liked the mountain ideas, Vicki! Shall I now knit a lace scarf??? It could be addicting...

Toby said...

Hey, turtle, actually I'm not a lady. I'm a boy! :D
The name is perfect, Vicki.