Monday, January 16

Spinning projects

Spinning seems to be something that doesn't bother my wrist so I've been doing quite a bit of it recently. My wrist is improving but still not 100%. I am currently working on a new crocheted shawl design.

Here's a picture of two batts that I just finished spinning up. Aren't they gorgeous?

These were gifts from my friend Jamie in Missouri. I've been the lucky recipient of some of her carded batts, dyed fiber, and hand dyed yarn. :-)

These batts were 70% merino and 30% silk in some of my favorite colors. She called this colorway Forbidden Love. I had so much fun spinning these up. :-)

Here's what my finished 2 ply yarn looks like. It spun up into a light fingering weight yarn. A rough estimate is 3.4 ounces and approximately 430 yards.

Jamie has recently opened an Etsy shop with her friend Bonnie. You can find their Bon*Fiber shop by clicking HERE. Check out their hand dyed yarn and fiber as well as stitch markers and line keeper magnets. They have some beautiful stuff for sale.

I also recently spun up this 2 ounce bit of dyed Corriedale top. Two ounces and 259 yards of fun!

I've got to design something to use up some of my handspun. Every time I knit with it, I love it and wonder why I don't use it more often for project. The biggest problem is most of things I design require more yardage than I have in my handspun skeins.

Hmm, I will have to dream up some designs for these smaller handspun skeins.

1 comment:

Stella Jones said...

Santa brought me a spinning wheel for Christmas and I am loving it! Still room for improvement, but I am finding, like you, that it is hard to get enough roving to spin into enough yarn to make a garment. There is a limit to how many hats, scarves and gloves you need, isn't there! Perhaps I will knit it into something else, yarn bought, and stretch it out that way.
Your 'forbidden love' yarn is gorgeous.