Tuesday, December 4

Crazy year

2012 has been a very crazy year for me.

The first part of the year was spent dealing with my ailing FIL. He was in and out of the hospital and nursing care facilities for months. He almost died a couple of times. Finally, he is home and doing as well as can be expected at his age. The situation has brought hubby and his brothers closer together.

Hubby and I celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary without any fanfare. I'm still waiting for him to take me somewhere or do something special to celebrate this milestone. Maybe next year?

After we finally got my FIL settled, my dad began having health problems. It started with an out of rhythm heart, breathing problems, and finally a diagnosis of lung cancer. He has enough serious health issues that radiation is the only option left to deal with the cancer. We are all praying that this works. Losing my dad, especially at this time of year, is something I'd rather not think about.

If that were to happen, my mom has always told me she would move in with me. Hubby and I have been thinking about this and what we would need to do to make that happen. Lots of changes and moving things around in our modest home for this to work. I'm reorganizing my studio, destashing, and trying to clear things out to make more room.

I can't muster up much holiday spirit this year. Keeping my hands busy with a crochet or knitting project is what is helping me keep my sanity.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am sorry. My mom is pretty ill and in rehab at the moment, it's a hard thing. Hope yu can find a bit of light somewhere this month.