Monday, March 26

Five things to be happy about

1. The new Mystery Shawl started on Saturday. Clue #1 for the Shetland Triangle shawl is up. Click on the "Join the Mystery" button in my blog sidebar to sign up. It does cost $3.50 to join. Believe me, it's worth it!

2. The Scherazade lace stole I donated to the Pet Refuge auction (held on March 17) sold for lots of $$ in the silent auction. I'll report the actual figure when I get it. So many people wanted to attended the auction this year they had to turn people away.

3. My bunny egg cover pattern was published in the West Toronto Knitters' Guild Ravellings newsletter (March 2007). They asked for permission before they did this and sent me a copy of the issue.

4. My fiber arts group, Frog Pond Fiber Arts, has a short write up about it in the Spring 2007 issue of Spin-Off magazine. Peggy Coffey, who writes a Spinner's Connection column for the magazine, lives in northern Indiana and attended our January Fiber Frolic. Find it on page 101.

5. I'm signed up to taken an Orenburg Lace class with Joan Schrouder. She's teaching several classes for Knitting Today at their IWannaKnit Retreat in early June. It's being held in Shipshewana, Indiana this year, about an hour drive from me. Several of my friends are signed up too. Sorry, the lace class is closed. You can read more about the classes being offered at Knitting Today.

1 comment:

Bridget said...

Hooray for you!