I was determined to finish the Mystery Pi shawl yesterday. I cast off last night and had it on the blocking board before I went to bed. I was beginning to suspect that this shawl was cursed. (I even said a few bads words at it from time to time. LOL!) The yarn was slippery and I kept dropping stitches on the k2togs. I made 2 repairs from dropped stitches. I wasn't ripping back to fix them! The extra skein was too far off in color to use. Pookie caught a claw in it on Friday night and almost pulled a hole in it! (That's him in the pic below with the shawl.) It took me awhile to work the length of yarn he pulled out back into the shawl. I was tempted to throw it in the trash! When I washed it, the yarn bled blue dye like crazy. The water in the sink was almost black. After the third time it was still losing dye, so I filled the sink with hot water and vinegar. Either the vinegar fixed it or all the loose dye was out. The color really changed. It lost all of the purple highlights and is now mauve. Blocking was the final challenge. I've never blocked a round shawl or one as big as this. I did the best I could.
Renee has named this pattern Ocean Tide. From the center out the stitch patterns represent shells, the ocean floor, seaweed, and waves. I would have used a different color if I had known the theme. The shawl is beautiful. Mine is only 52" across after I blocked it. That's a little small. Hubby asked me if I had knit a tablecloth. LOL! I used a total of 1,120 yards. I had maybe 1 yard left when I finished binding off. It was such a relief to get it off the needles. Now I can move onto something else.