Thursday, July 26

My wish list

Here's what's on my current wish list. I'm sure I could think of more if I tried. LOL!

They're not ranked in any particular order. Most are things I haven't been able to find or can't afford.

1. Heirloom Knitting by Sharon Miller (Purchased 11/07)
2. Knitting Lace by Susannah Lewis
3. Wrapped in Comfort by Alison Hyde (Purchased 9/07 - it's great!)
4. No Pattern Knits by Pat Ashforth (Finally found it. It's not my cup of tea.)
5. The Art of Shetland Lace by Sarah Don
6. The Opinionated Knitter by Elizabeth Zimmermann
7. Three-Cornered & Long Shawls by Sigridur Halldórsdóttir
8. Golding drop spindle - 1 ounce or less (received one as a gift from my SIL!)
9. Portable chair for spinning (light weight, folds-up, and has back support)
10. Creating Original Hand-Knitted Lace by Margaret Stove (Purchased 6/08)
11. Japanese knitting stitch books

I don't ask for much, do I. :-)

8 comments:

pat said...

Hi,

You might be interested to know that Woolly Thoughts is republished this very day. You might want to look at it as an alternative to No-Pattern Knits though it doesn't have any pretty pictures.

Pat

DrLeonesse said...

Check Schoolhouse Press for Three Cornered Shawls...etc. Pricey...but you probably know that.

Anonymous said...

Knit Picks has all of their in-stock books at 40% off. With free shipping after $45, that could be a good deal for you. I just received The Opinionated Knitter and have read it cover to cover. Good luck!

Alpaca Granny said...

Hmmmm, you've created a wish list for me now.

Alpaca Granny said...

Are you familiar with Sharon Winsauer's patterns? Sharon is a dear buddy with enormous talent who lives nearby.
Take a look at her lace patterns in her Etsy shop.
http:/AuroraAlpacas.etsy.com

Emily said...

I just got this email from Maria.martino@brooklynmuseum.org

Fans of Knitting Lace Publication:

We appreciate your interest in the future republication of our catalog Knitting Lace. We are now working on the necessary steps to be taken to grant permission for a reprint of the catalog.

We will keep you informed as we move forward.

Thank you for expressing your interest.

Sallie Stutz
Vice Director for Merchandising

Anonymous said...

Oh cool, thank you! And Knit Picks still has that book sale going, at least as of yesterday. I saw your post about looking for circular shawls: think pac man, a circle with a slit opening to the center, and you've got the idea that got my book going.

LDSVenus said...

I see Sarah Don's The Art of Shetland Lace on your list, I have that book but was told there were many errors in it, do you happen to know where any errata for that book is? Thanks :)