Saturday, July 28

Shawl pattern closer to being done

In case you thought I was kidding about designing a shawl, here's proof that I am. I'm calling the design Cascading Leaves. For some time, I've been looking for a lacier leaf motif. I've prowled through all my lace books and finally found something I liked. This is the result. Hope you like it as much as I do.

I'm working on edging options for the shawl. Haven't decided which of several way to go or whether to offer more than one choice and let you choose. When I decide, I'll chart the edging and do the written out instructions for the pattern. I like knitting from charts but I know that not every does.

When the shawl is finished and blocked, I'll take pictures of it for the pattern. Once everything's done, I'll post it for sale here. Sorry, this one won't be a freebie!

I'd hoped to have the shawl finished by now. I had some unexpected work come in that has eaten up some of my free time. I can't complain. It will be extra money to spend at the Michigan Fiber Fest in a couple of weeks.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Don't forget about Stitches too!
I can't wait to see the finished pattern. What about a sort of double edging?