Tuesday, August 7

Spinning projects

I finished spinning some Ashland Bay daffodil merino top sometime back. It's sat on the bobbin waiting while I debated about how to ply it. The single is so beautiful that I wanted maximum yardage. Earlier this week, I decided to try plying it with some polyester thread. The result is a pastel boucle yarn. (Double click on the picture to take a closer look.) I really like it! There are a few places that are a little loose. I've thought about putting it back through the wheel to tighten them up. I'm not sure it's worth worrying about. Five ounces of fiber = 750 yards. I'm keeping this skein!

Last night, I finished spinning 4 ounces of BFL in Lisa Souza's Mardi Gra colorway. Was that ever a fast and enjoyable spin! Maybe it will get plied tonight. I've also finished one bobbin of the royal blue/lime green superwash. It was a very thick rope of combed top. I stripped, pre-drafted, and rolled it into balls. It's all ready for me to sit down and spin it up.

I had a lot of fun at the Fiber Frolic on Saturday. I've been waiting to blog about it until I'm able to download the pics from my camera. I need hubby's help with a few things to get them out of the camera. I hope the pictures turned out. I'm still getting used to all the controls on this camera.

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Technically, you've got a spiral yarn there, not a boucle. A boucle has loops and curls and is formed by a different plying methods. But, you're right, it's very pretty yarn! Hope I'll get to meet you at Michigan Fiber Fest next week. :)