Tuesday, January 9

Socks again

One sock down and one to go for another pair. I'm itching to cast on the second sock. It will have to wait. Tonight I'm attending a Frog Pond Fiber Arts meeting. I'm taking my Majacraft Little Gem II spinning wheel along with me as well as a drop spindle and some fiber. A friend wants to learn to spin so I'll give her a lesson tonight. I'm currently spinning some turquoise merino roving. It's pretty dense and isn't drafting easily. I got it in trade for some alpaca I had. (I love alpaca but it doesn't love me.) My favorite spinning fiber is Shetland.

Here's a picture I took of Solitaire sleeping on a quilt in the sun. She's aptly named as she would rather be left alone to sleep her life away. I nicknamed her Little Toes because she is so petite and cute. Please don't try to cuddle her as she'll cry and scratch you to get away. We adopted her at the age of 4. She's 12 now and even though she's better, she's still not a social kitty.

No comments: