Thursday, September 20

Swap goodies, a new book, and Ravelry

I've been sorting out and destashing some things I won't use. I've posted several lists of items in the last couple of weeks on some of the Yahoo sale and trade lists. What you see here in the picture is what I got in trade from Karen for some yarn and a bunch of books and knitting patterns---one skein of Fleece Artist sock yarn in my all-time favorite colors, 4 ounces of white Zephyr wool/silk, and an 8 ounce cone of Brown Sheep Cotton Fine in Teddy Bear tan. Thanks, Karen! The tan yarn is not one of my favs so I will probably trade it for something else I can use. I am very satisfied with the trade and have enjoyed my email conversations with Karen.

I knocked one item off my wish list recently. I purchased a copy of Wrapped in Comfort by Alison Jeppson Hyde. Knit Picks had a book sale and I couldn't resist the price. I couldn't find a copy of it in any bookstore in my area, yarn shop, or even at the Michigan Fiber Fest last month. Oh course, when I ordered I also got a few skeins of yarn and a couple of circular needles too to get the free shipping. :-)

There are 16 patterns in the book for top down circular lace shawls and a few scarves. Alison has a clever way of shaping the top of the shawl to keep it in place on your shoulders. And since they are all knitted with larger size needles, they are a quick knit. It will be hard to choose just one to knit. :-)

I took the book to a recent meeting of my fiber arts group and it was passed around. No one else had seen it before. They were all oohing and aahing over the patterns. I heard more than one say they would be purchasing a copy too.

I'm getting closer to an invite from Ravelry. I didn't sign up when I first heard about it. Have you taken the video tour on their blog? It shows some of the features that are available. Click here to find it. Their blog says they got their new servers and are now inviting about 500 people a day. Hopefully, that means I should get an invite sometime next week. I'm so excited!
  • You signed up on July 16, 2007
  • You are #17371 on the list.
  • 2353 people are ahead of you in line.
  • 16770 people are behind you in line.
  • 43% of the list has been invited so far
A friend of mine who is already on Ravelry tells me that my Cascading Leaves shawl pattern has been talked about. I know I'm getting a lot of hits on my blog from Ravelry. Can't wait to find out what it's all about.

I'm awfully afraid once I join Ravelry it will be hard to get anything else done. But woo-hoo, a site just for all us fiberholics!

No comments: